Saturday 9 March 2013

Osho on Waiting Key and Patience

Osho on Waiting Key and Patience


Osho : There is a story....

One disciple waited for three lives. The teacher was experimenting with him to see how much he could wait. He said, "I am going to know how much you can wait."

The disciple said, "Okay, I will also see how much you can wait." It is going to be a waiting for both; never think that it is going to be a waiting for you alone. If you are waiting, I am also waiting. And I am in more of a hurry than you because I may not be again." So the disciple said, "Let us see who can wait more."

It became difficult for the teacher. He had to come for three lives again, and the disciple waited. Each time he would come and sit, and each time the same story was repeated. In the end the teacher lost patience, and he said, "Take this key. You have won; I am defeated."

The disciple said, "Why are you in such a hurry? I can wait still more."
He said, "You can wait, but I have to come to this earth unnecessarily for this waiting, and it looks as if you can continue forever. So take this key."

But the disciple said, "The key has come to me because such long waiting has itself become a key. I do not need it now."

The teacher said, "This was also one reason why I was in such a hurry -- because if you wait still more there will be no need for the key to be given! This very waiting will become a key."

Source: “I am the Gate” - Osho

 

No comments:

Post a Comment